2007年12月3日 星期一

ENGLISH CLASS REFLECTION

Hsin-Wei Hsu
REFLECTION ON ENGLISH CLASS


I think the English class has been really helpful. At first, I thought this class is like the general English class in language schools, which has the grammar, speaking and writing class. However, it is totally different. I feel this class teaches me to write for lecture classes. I learned the writing methods of artistic statement, research paper and thesis paper. This skills are very important for the lecture class in the future.

Mrs. Sang provided various ways for studying. We used LMS system, online blog and videos for studying English. Although sometimes the technology had problems, I still felt it was useful. Mrs. Sang also gave us many opportunities to discuss our work with classmates. I think the group discussion is very helpful. I can learn not only how to express my ideas, but also listen and negotiate with others. Besides, Mrs. Sang understands international students well, because she was a foreign student as well. She gave me a lot good advice not only on my work, but also my life.

In this class, all of my classmates were nice. They were glad to share their ideas and suggestions with me, which improved my English. Also, I learned a lot from them, because they are from different majors and have their own professional knowledge.

It is not normal that our teacher is changed in the half of semester. These two teachers have different teaching styles. At first, I felt a little bit nervous, because I was afraid that our schedule would be changed and I needed to adapt to the new teacher . However, the schedule was not changed and Mr. Thomas is as nice as Mrs. Sang.

沒有留言: