2007年12月3日 星期一

RESEARCH PAPER REFLECTION

Hsin-Wei Hsu
REFLECTION ON RESAERCH PAPER


It was my first time to do the research paper in english. Mrs. Sang was very patient, she explained how to write the research paper many times and provided us different methods to write it. I think it was good that Mrs. Sang separated the whole paper, and she asked us to do it in process. At first, we focused on the introduction. I spent many time for doing the introduction and rewrited more than four times. I learned a lot in the introduction writing. For instance, I know that the function of introduction is to provide the readers the main idea about the paper, and the author should not show the personal opinion in this research.

Mrs. Sang worked very hard, she gave me the feedback quickly. I totally had nine draft for the research paper. In each draft, Sang gave me many good advices and I tried to achieve her requests. We used APA style for the research paper. Mrs. Sang spent many times for explaining APA style. I think it is very important to understand the APA, MLA or Chigago styles, because this are the formal styles for writing. In the future, I need to use formal writing style in my paper. Aslo, we learned how to use the quotation, which is very important in papers. Mrs. Sang gave us many handouts about quotation in APA style, she provided a website for doing the quotation test.

At first, I felt the research paper is a hard assignment. However, after Mrs. Sang's and my hard work, I finished it. I learned not only how to arrange the structures, but also the quotation. After had the experience of doing research paper, I felt confidence to do my thesis paper.

沒有留言: